Thursday 15 September 2011

Today we started creating our short film we needed to gain an basic understanding of short films in general and what is commonly found within them. Ciara and I had already previously seen short films had some knowledge of short film conventions and brain stormed our ideas below;
















After brain storming our ideas, we carried out some basic research on short films and began watching example short films on different websites such as;
BBC short film network 
Film 4 shorts 























After viewing several short films we decided to wider our knowledge by anaylisng on short film in depth  the film we chose was a drama called 'About a Girl', below our my ideas and notes I wrote while watching the film, I focussed on the representation of certain characters and how an character can be portrayed within such a short time limit. I also anaylsed the different techniques and editing skills used which infulunced and gave me inspiration for our own film.